Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nagoya Subway

I have heard a lot about how efficient and precise Japanese Public Transportation System works. When I experienced it the first time this February, it impressed me far more than I imagined.

Found a video to share with you. Subway train comes very 1:30--2 minutes (smaller stations are 3-4 minutes) and they are almost 100% on time. I believe this video was not filmed at rush hour. At rush hour, the station can be very crowded but still in order in its own way. People are polite and follow the “rules” even when they are in a rush.

It’s a bit hard for non Japanese visitors to find out what are the “rules” from the beginning, but if you pay attention to what others are doing, you will learn quickly.

Nagoya Subway Map

2 comments:

jo said...

Hi

Just to let know I am reading your Blog. I am enjoy looking at the different youtube that you are putting on. Jean M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ling,
Glad to see you arrived safely.
We miss you very much and hope you are having a great adventure.
Bon chance mon amie. That's French for Good luck my friend.
Drina