Friday, May 25, 2007

Hard to Say Goodbye

Today, at 5pm, I was officially unemployed; my colleagues had a party for me. Everything turned out great. Not only everyone was so sweet to me as usual but also—I didn’t cry at the party! But when I got home reading the cards and opening gifts, tears came without invitation.

Forgot that I should open gifts at the party in this culture; in my culture, it is rude to open gifts in front of the gift giver. Hope everyone would forgive me for that. I was deeply touched by my colleagues’ kindness and deeply appreciated everything they have done for me. I’m already missing them!

I have a great adventure ahead of me; I’m sure that I will enjoy everyday, every experience from this point on, and at the same time, I’ll treasure everyone and everything in my past.

It is hard to say goodbye, but the world is so small now; my friends can visit my blog, my flickr or IM to my gmail any time they want. We are not that far apart, we are connected through our finger tips!

Cards & Gifts

2 comments:

KAVA said...

Hey, it's me, Ka. I'm sorry I didn't make it to your party. I said I'll try very hard but it still didn't work out. By the sound of your blog it was a good time. I'm sorry I missed it. But I'm glad that I was able to see you and got to say goodbye to you in person. Best wishes to you and I hope you will enjoy your new adventures. Hopefully Laurie and I will be able to visit you. We'll miss you and can't wait for your return. Bye. P.S. You can always email me at my work email.

KAVA said...

Hey, it's me, Ka. I'm sorry I didn't make it to your party. But by the sound of your blog you all had a great time. I'm sorry I missed it but I'm glad that I did get to say goodbye to you in person. Best wishes on your new adventures and I hope that Laurie and I will get to visit you. So have lots of fun can't wait for your return. You can email me at my work email. Bye.