Thursday, April 26, 2007

Online Software

Google Docs & Spreadsheets is not new to me. I have been using it for drafting notes or save Docs for later as a e-mail attachment. It works out great --if I'm using computers other than my own, I don't need my flash drive. It is so much safer than a flash drive; I have lost 2 of them with my files on it and both times I haven't back up my files for a few days... More to this issue--every time I lost my flash drive, thinking about who took it will have my files, and that scares me.


I took a 5 credit class for MS Word in college, but for personal usage or most professional usage that knowledge is overkill. All the functions on Google Docs are all in MS Word too, but I bet a lot of us don't know how to check on your revisions history and I'm not talking about undo button. Google Docs made it easy to use better than MS Word in some cases. When you save the file, there are more file format options. I love the choice of saving it as PDF file.


Part I don't like-- No spell check? Am I missing something here? The Formatting Tool Bar doesn't have all the tools I need to get the work done quickly, often have to work around it. Other than that, it is a very good alternative Word Processor and Spreadsheets.


I tried Zoho too, and like it much better than Google’s. Zoho has a lot of more software you can choose from, and they worked very well. Zoho Writer is easier to use and it has more function to offer than Google Docs, so is Zoho Sheet. I may not give up on Google yet, but I’ll keep playing with Zoho.

No comments: